The company’s revenue figures showed a massive jump of 52%, adding around $83 million to its overall capital.
ForexMinute.com – Owing to its ever-impressive institutional and retail business, GAIN Capital Holding actually gained its capital by earning a revenue of $83 million, as revealed in its fourth-quarter earnings report. Overall, the company’s revenue showed an extensive growth of 52%, with its institutional business contributing the most by tallying almost $18 million, which is five times than the previous year’s figure.
Another factor worth mentioning is the growth rate at which GAIN Capital’s retail business proceeded, rising over three times than the previous year – reaching $38.6 million. The NYSE:GCAP futures are another feather to the company’s high revenue, adding over $5.3 million after jumping 26% from its previous year’s figures.
The combined effect of the retail and institutional business, as well as the futures growth has added a net sum of $83 million to GAIN Capital’s reputation and account.
On the flip side, GAIN Capital couldn’t match the heights of its Q3 report and fell just 10% below it. While the Q4 reports shows the profits of around $4 million, the previous phase had earned the company around $3 million.
Here is the full summary of GAIN Capital’s report. Excerpts:
Third Quarter Metrics
(Comparisons below are referenced to third quarter 2012)
• Net revenue of $60.6 million, up 52% from $40.0 million; including $2.8 million of GFT revenue
• Adjusted EBITDA* of $12.0 million, up 90% from $6.3 million
• Net income of $4.7 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, up 42% from $3.3 million, or $0.08 per diluted share
• Adjusted net income* was $5.1 million, or $0.13 per diluted share1
• Retail OTC trading volume of $394.8 billion, up 42% from $278.7 billion
• Institutional trading volume of $901.3 billion, up 79% from $503.6 billion
• Futures Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) of 12,483
• Total retail client assets of $684.1 million, up 60% from $426.6 million
(Comparisons below are referenced to the nine months ended September 30, 2012)
• Net revenue of $183.4 million, up 54% from $118.9 million
• Adjusted EBITDA* of $47.3 million, up 188% from $16.4 million
• Net income of $26.2 million, or $0.67 per diluted share, up 309% from $6.4 million, or $0.16 per diluted share
• Adjusted net income* was $27.5 million, or $0.71 per diluted share2
• Retail OTC trading volume of $1.3 trillion, up 30% from $1.0 trillion
• Institutional trading volume of $2.9 trillion, up 102% from $1.4 trillion
To contact the reporter of the story: Jonathan Millet at email@example.com